Monday, October 17, 2011

Still Making Progress...

Though I have fallen behind in the blog posts, I am still making steady progress in small increments. The program is actually making some steps toward actually calculating acceleration and velocity of a persons hands and head. This has been incorporated by making a custom class that stores values of the x y and z positions of each of these points.  How many points it stores can be edited in the code. I haven't made a decision if I will allow the user to make this change via an option in the UI.
A screenshot has been placed below, as you can see the layout is roughly the same as it was for the last post although now it shows the frames per second (31 down in the lower part of the frame).


I have plans to take the display of the locations of the joints from the right side of the frame. I have not made a decision on this though (they may stay). I need screen space to display something for acceleration and velocity in their x, y, and z components. The lower right screen showing the depth data could go away in time. I find that this information may not be of much use to the end user.  That is all I have to report for now, when some of the code is completed I may show it here to give a better idea as to what is going on underneath the surface of the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment